Buildings need to run efficiently. That’s where our Technical Services team comes in. We provide comprehensive building commissioning and re-commissioning for both new and existing buildings. Our team helps benchmark the performance of existing systems, recognize and correct system problems, identify opportunities for energy savings, and address all MEP, fire, and life-safety components of your facility.
Our team can identify and breakdown your facility’s utility usage so that you can make better choices for your facility. We also recognize opportunities for energy savings in operations and review, monitor, and assist clients in all utility-related portions of a project and ongoing operations, including utility audits, rebate administration, and energy monitoring.
With decades of K-12 education facility experience, we are uniquely qualified to assist you in the development and implementation of 10-year LTFM programs and how to fund them. We assist in providing required MDE documentation so that you can get the most out of your facilities.
What are Technical Services?
Technical Services aim to help facilities operate well — how they were originally designed to function. Our knowledgeable team works with you to provide services including commissioning, re-commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy audits/rebates, utility services, and building forensics.
Operating as an independent group within ICS, the Technical Services Team provides critical quality control and assurance during the design phases of a project — solving building issues before systems are even installed, saving clients both time and money. The team also assists with reviewing drawings, value engineering, and ensuring all building systems are designed to code and to the expectations of our clients. They stay involved through design reviews, submittal review for equipment, construction observation, and installation verification. As projects progress, they transition into commissioning, utility monitoring, and energy benchmarking to set the facilities, and our clients, up for success as they transition into their new or improved facilities.
Our Technical Services team has:
- Extensive experience in the operation and troubleshooting of HVAC systems, energy management control systems, and lighting control systems
- Knowledge in test and balance of both air and water systems
- Experienced in energy-efficient equipment design and control strategy optimization
- Direct experience in monitoring and analyzing system operations using energy management control system trends and stand-alone data logging equipment
- Various professional designations including Professional Engineers (PE) and Engineers in-Training (EIT), Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA), Commissioning Process Management Professional (CPMP), Building Commissioning Professional Certification (BCxP), National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB), Whole Building Systems Technical Commissioning, LEED AP, and LEED AP BD+C.